Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Very Berry Compote



I love fruit, almost as much as I love cookies. So I decide to make a berry compote for my vanilla ice cream one night, little did I know that it would turn out so well! It tastes wonderful when it is served hot or cold, it's all up to you! I also used frozen fruit so that the fruit would stay in whole pieces while I stirred it and it didn't break apart . You could use fresh or frozen. You could also use Honey instead of sugar in the raw.

Ingredients:
Frozen mixed fruit
1 tablespoon Sugar in the raw
1 1/2 Tablespoons Cinnamon

Directions

To prepare the compote,add the frozen fruit and sugar in the raw to a medium sized pot and wait for it to come to a boil. Once the fruits start producing juice add the cinnamon and mix thoroughly. Cook it for about 5 minutes.


This is a relatively thick compote since there are no other liquids other than what the fruit produces.

Who knew fruit compote could be so easy??

Bon Appetit

No comments: