Friday, February 12, 2010

Oatmeal Brulee




I love Creme Brulee so you can't even understand my excitement when I saw Oatmeal Creme Brulee!! The creamy custard and the crisp sugar top, pure bliss. Now I kind of made up my own recipe for this because I didn't feel like waiting 40 minutes for it to cook, Impatient I know, but I just had to have it! So here is my rendition! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did!



Serves 1

Ingredients

I cup of quick oats
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Less than a handful of dried cherries
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Brown sugar
fresh fruit (For garnish)

Directions:

Put the Milk and the Heavy cream in a pot on medium-High heat and bring it to a boil, stir in oats until they are completely incorporated with the milk and cream about 1 minute. Add the dried fruit, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and sugar and mix thoroughly. Put the oatmeal in oven safe dishes, if you have ramekins you can use those. Turn oven temperature up to broil (400 to 575 Degrees F ). Sprinkle with the brown sugar in a thin layer, making sure the sugar coats the entire surface of the oatmeal. Return to the oven and broil 2 to 3 minutes, until the top is browned and crusty. I have a kitchen torch that I used, if you can get ahold of one of these it will most likely work better. Garnish with Fresh fruit like (Blueberries, raspberries, or bananas) and serve

You can buy a Kitchen torch and a set of 4 ramekins at amazon for 27.00 here is the link.. It is less expensive to buy the ramekins and the torch instead of just the torch.

Bon Appetit

2 comments:

Becky :) said...

Holla!! It looks amazing.

Just Gateau said...

Thank you!! Oh it was really good :)
It would have tasted better with some fresh beries on top..