Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cherry Turnovers




I remember when my mom would make us turnovers for breakfast when we were little! They were the highlight of the morning! I just love the variety that you can make; Blueberry, Peach, Strawberry, Cherry, Pecan, you could stick anything in them!!
Personally cherry and maple pecan are my favorites! The crunchy, flaky crust with the warm juicy fruit filling inside, Heaven in your mouth, and your stomach :)

Here is the recipe!

Ingredients
1 package frozen puff pastry; thawed
1 can cherry pie filling; drained
2 tablespoons water


Directions
Take out one sheet of pastry puff and cut it into 4 squares (Or smaller pieces, I thought these were too big). Drain the can of cherries,and scoop equal amounts of cherry pie filling on the center of the pastry. using a pastry brush, brush a little water along the edges of the pastry. Seal and crimp the edges with a fork. Cut 3 slits on the top of the pastry. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 15 - 18 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. When cooled sprinkle with a little powdered sugar, and top with remaining cherries, if you have any.


Bon Appetit

1 comment:

Mum said...

Yeah.. I can leave a comment !! I remember making these for you guys for breakfast although your were much better !! They look and tasted delicious..