Sunday, May 9, 2010

Peanut butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats


Oh My Gosh... I am in heaven.. I ate half of the pan by myself! Chewy peanut buttery rice krispie treats with a smooth chocolatey layer on top! Is there anything better than that? I made these one night at 10:45, I was really craving something sweet and these sounded perfect! USE A STOCK POT NOT A PAN!!! I also want to apologies for the okay looking pictures! Like I said I took them at 10:30 so the lighting was awful!! These tasted just like a reese's peanut butter cup.. So good.

Ingredients:

3 Tablespoons butter
1/1 cup Peanut Butter
1 whole bag mini marshmallows
6 cups Rice Krispie Treats

1 cup chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon of crisco or vegetable oil or butter (Whatever you have on hand.)





1. In large stock pot melt the butter over low heat.
Add the marshmallows


Add the peanut butter and stir until completely melted.



Remove from heat.

Add rice krispies cereal.
Stir until well coated.


Grease a 13 x 9 inch pan coated and evenly spread the rice krispies in the pan. Grease a spoon and press those rice krispies down. You want them to be nice and tight.

Mix the chocolate chips and crisco in a bowl. Fill a pot with water and set the bowl ontop of the pot, turn the burner onto medium heat.
Spread the chocolate evenly over the rice krispies. Cool in the fridge until the chocolate sets up (If you can wait that long) I didn't wait that long I liked it better with the chocolate still a little melted!



ENJOY

No comments: