Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St. Patricks day Corned beef and mashed potatoes!



So on St. Patrick's day I embraced my Irish Heritage and made Corned Beef and Mashed Potato's (I just couldn't do the cabbage!) It was so good!! The corned beef was so moist and the glaze I put on it made it so good! The mashed potatoes were very good as well!

Ingredients:
1 piece Corned beef brisket (About 5 lbs)
Boiling water
1/2 C Firmly packed brown sugar
1/3 cup Yellow + Honey Mustard (I used about half of each)

Directions:
Wash the Corned Beef. Place in a roasting pan, and pout the boiling water and pickling spices in. Cover it with a a lid or tin foil. Bake about 3 1/2 hours at 325 degrees F. Or until tender.
Combine the Brown sugar and mustard and mix until it forms a thick paste.
drain the brisket once the 3 hours are up. spread the brown sugar mustard over the top and bake for 30 more minutes uncovered

This is what it looks like when it is done.

ENJOY

No comments: