Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cranberry Sweet Potato Muffins





I was a little skeptical of these muffins, however I shouldn't have been, they were in the Taste of Home Magazine and my mom wrote the recipe name on the front cover (Which means that it is a great recipe that the family loves!) Unfortunately Cranberries are out of season now :( ... These were moist and flavorful.. Definitely a favorite. I had a friend try one and her immediate response was "Mmm these taste like Fall.They are so good." That sums these muffins up, they taste exactly like Fall. I added a little less nutmeg and a little more Cinnamon, because I love cinnamon.

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup cold mashed sweet potatoes (without added butter or milk) (I made these the night before I made the muffins)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries ( Or dried)
Cinnamon-sugar


Directions:

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, sweet potatoes and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups half full. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffins comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Yield: 1 dozen.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Stephany said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for posting this recipe! I adore you for this!!!

Just Gateau said...

Your Welcome!! They were just to good !! Plus I knew you would love them :)