Saturday, March 13, 2010

Pizzelles


Pizzelles, A traditional Italian cookie; I grew up eating these! The other day I made almond pizzelles, but usually my family requests anise flavored pizzelles (which I must say, are not my favorite) I used almond oil instead of almond extract because almond extract can sometimes become biter. These are like a thin crispy waffle, with powdered sugar sprinkled on top...

Ingredients:

3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons extract (If you are using a flavoring oil use about 1 teaspoon)
1 stick of unsalted butter (softened)
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup flour

Directions:

Mix all the wet ingredients until well blended. Whisk the dry ingredients and combine with the wet ingredients. Mix well! The batter will be quite thick.
Put a tablespoon of batter in the pizzelle iron.
They are done when the light goes off. Remove with a spatula, and cool on a wire cooling rack
Dust with powdered sugar or with drizzled chocolate.

ENJOY!

No comments: