Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad on Cresent Rolls



Ooooh, Chicken Salad.... I have a love hate relationship with Chicken salad. Considering I make it three days a week at work,I vowed, "I will never make Chicken Salad at home!" And what did I do? I made Chicken Salad. However we had a fridge full of stuff and nothing that really paired well together and had to throw something together, thus the birth of Chicken Salad! Granted its a very good version; a blend of Cranberries instead of Grapes and the addition of Walnuts. I use Sour Cream, Mayo, garlic powder, and lots of sugar!


Ingredients:


3 Chicken Breasts
1/3 cup Chopped Walnuts

1/3 cup Minced Celery

1/3 cup Chopped Cranberries

1/2 cup Soup Cream

1/4 Mayo

1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1/8 cup Sugar
1 tube Cresent Rolls

leaf lettuce



Directions:

Cook the chicken and place it in the fridge to chill.

In the mean time, lightly chop the walnuts and cranberries and mince the celery .










In the mean time, lightly chop the walnuts and cranberries and mince the celery .



Dice the chicken into small cubes.






Combine the Sour Cream, Mayo Garlic Powder, and Sugar.





Mix the Celery, Walnuts, Cranberries, and Chicken in a large bowl.







Mix in the sauce and let chill.



Bake the Cresent rolls at 375 for 11-13 minutes



Assemble and enjoy!







2 comments:

The Future Chef said...

Chicken salad was just MEANT to have all those added googies in it, am I right? YES!

Just Gateau said...

It was definitely meant to have all those added goodies! SO GOOD!!!!